Thursday, September 07, 2006

Failing Astrologer!!!!

Well, after a non-eventful 1 1/2 hours I saw 6 Piscid meteors! I also managed to get a look at a planet but I have absolutely no clue which one it was!!

I have to say the meteors were absolutely amazing. They looked completely different to a normal shooting star because of the colour difference. These definately had a distinct orange glow to them in the tail ... indicating, I think larger or nearer objects .... I don't know, I'm no astrologer!

The moon was also fantastic and HUGE! Apparently it is the 18 1/2 year cycle of the moon and it is closer tonight than for the next 18 1/2 years! True? ..... I don't know! I'm sure someone will let me know!

Overall it was definately an interesting if not different way to spent the evening!

Well I'm off to bed with hot chocolate & a hot water bottle! Good Night! XX

1 comment:

Destiny's Agent said...

I would imagine the colour has to do with the content of the meteor rather than the size. Orange, I think, would be Iron or Sulphur?

I'd have loved to of spent the evening spotting with you.